Sunday, October 29, 2006

Happy Eid Mubarak

Today is the fifth day for muslims celebrating Hari Raya around Malaysia. I guess its not too late for me wishing you guys SELAMAT HARI RAYA EIDULFITRI and MAAF ZAHIR dan BATIN.

My family and I were celebrating at Kota Bharu as usual. We headed there on Saturday night (21 Oct) after my dad had done performing Terawih at around 10pm. The trip was good except at certain points such as Bentong, Jalan Kuala Lipis - Gua Musang. Stopped a few times, and one time for Sahur. We arrived at Tok Wan's house approximately at 05:30am, just about another 15 minutes to Fajr (the starting point of fasting).

Nothing much done on the days before hari raya. One day before that, my mom told me to visit my cousin at hospital. He was still unconscious when I was there. That was the last time I saw him lying there dying. Who knows, that night on Raya eve, when we were still dreaming for the day, at 2.00am my cousin's phone ringing many times unanswered which made me awake. By the time I heard the phone, I knew, that must not be a good news. After a few times still unanswered, I decided to answer the call. My feeling was right. My cousin who I visited on the day before had passed away.

The body was buried after the raya prayer around 11am. The family was mourning for the demise but it was an expected demise. Hari Raya was still celebrating like always.

Al-fatihah to Wan Mohd Farid who had return to Rahmatullah on 24th Oct equally to 1st Syawal. He was 33 years old.

No comments: