Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kencana HL and Shinryo Secured Petronas Gas Jobs

Kencana HL Sdn Bhd in consortium with Shinryo (M) Sdn Bhd, had signed a contract with Petronas Gas Bhd to provide engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) work for two
co-generation plants.

I worked with Shinryo in 2008 for co-generation plant at Petronas Fertilizer Kedah. Combined cycle with two trains of Gas Turbine Generator (GTG) and Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG). Shinryo's technical advisor, Mr. Nishimura is a very detail and precise guy. Knowledgeable person and very good in what he does. My former boss once said to me, if Nishimura is gone in the middle of the project, I think the project will collapse. Everybody seems to be referring to him on the technical matters.

This is the first time I heard Kencana involvement in co-generation plant EPCC. I don't know they have such expertise. Well, Petronas's advisor is Tun Mahathir while Kencana HL is wholly-owned by Kencana Petroleum. And guess what, Kencana Petroleum group CEO is Dato' Mokhzani Mahathir. Problem solved!

Read more: here

No comments: