Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Story from far

I have resigned from Yokogawa after devoted over 67 months to the company. It has been a great pleasure, I enjoyed the tenure and appreciate the skills and knowledge obtained while working there.

Now, I am with AviComp Engineering AG, a Swiss-German based company. Just click the link to find out more about the company (that's why I provided the link so I don't have to say about that here). After slightly more than three weeks working, they send me to Leipzig, Deutschland. Well, for some who don't know what is Deutschland is, it's Germany.

I arrived here two days ago by Etihad Airways via Abu Dhabi. The journey from Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi took around 7h10m. I spent almost 2 hours at Abu Dhabi before embarked on a plane to frankfurt. This journey took around 6h55m. After 3 hours at Frankfurt International Airport, I took another flight to Leipzig which took around 1h. I flew with Lufthansa Airlines. They served nice rolled cake covered with chocolate. So, can you calculate how many hours I have spent just to be where I am now?

This is the first time I am in Germany (well, actually I had transit at Munich before but that doesn't count at all), third times in Europe and this is the fourth europe country I have been to. The weather is cold, today is even colder than the previous days. Yes, it is April now but it still cold for Asian guy like me. It has been three days since I ate meats. Does fish counts as meat? I don't know! But it doesn't taste like chicken. Today I managed to eat some rice with fish that I bought from vietnamese restaurant about walking distance from my hotel, thanks to Christian Zimmer to show me the restaurant.

Tomorrow is still uncertain. I will write more about my trip from time to time. It almost 8.30pm now but I still can see some sun rays getting disappeared in the western horizon.

faceless,
Leipzig, Deutschland....

No comments: